The site is located on Belfast side of the Old Holywood Road and to the west of the existing dwelling at No.196. The neighbouring dwelling is one of four traditional red-brick cottages dating back to 1908, originally part of the Dunville estate of Redburn House. The immediate lands have ample tree coverage that screens and integrates the site boundary. The site is at the edge of the development settlement limit and defined by low density residential development on its south-west side and open fields to the north and east. The area has been cleared for immediate access.
Several new-build developments in the area have proved popular with younger family units who value quality of life and wish to live in a popular area.